Wednesday, October 1, 2008

St. Maarten

We are on the beach with our ship in the background. We
had fun walking in the water along the shore on a Dutch beach.

A picture of part of the island.
Some sea critters. The brown one is a sand dollar. They felt

funny crawling on my hand. The white one was really prickly.

A turtle that I got to hold. This is a small one. Notice that

we were in the rain most of the day.

A spectacled owl, he is beautiful, but I didn't get a good picture

in the rain.

This was my favorite island. Half of the island is owned by the French and half by the Dutch. It was lush and not as commercial. It had lots of beaches and animals. Stay away from the French beaches - they are nude ones. The Dutch side is not.

2 comments:

Julie Adams said...

What a beautiful place. The birds and sea creatures would be my favorite part.

tonya said...

Hey, grandma! The kids loved the pictures of sea critters and other critters. Tate said, "She's got Boo!" I told him that it wasn't Boo, but.........